Red Vs Blue Red Vs Blue

Nothing too new or interesting with very little to separate it from the literally thousands of animations of the same type. Red vs. Blue stick fighting is arguable the most cliche, overused genre on Newgrounds.

Despite its lack of originality, this is not a terrible flash. Most of the fighting was mediocre, awkward, generic, and ultimately very average looking. Movement was not particularly crisp and I would not use the word 'smooth' to describe any of the action. That said, some sequences were very well done (particularly the meteor strike).

Overall:
This is an average flash based around an overused style. The redeeming qualities are few and far between, but the good parts are enough for me to pass it.

Phantom999 responds:

Thanks man, I know it's slightly cliche, It's really because I've been practising a lot with stick figure animations, thanks for the feedback and Yeah Il'l keep at it.

Madness Stories Madness Stories

It is very easy to make a Madness flick with the use of the Madness Combat resources download. Because the sprites are at your fingertips, all the animator has to do is put them where he wants and animate them.

This submission is proof that even then it is possible to make an absolutely terrible movie. Not only was it a mere15 seconds, but hardly anything happened in that time. The majority of the animation, in fact 9 of the 15 seconds, was of the hero walking from one room to another.

The environments were completely and totally bland. Contrary to the title, there was no conceivable 'story' at all. The animation was choppy at best and unbearable at worst. A hodge-podge of almost every noobish stereotype, this animation deserves to be blamed.

If you're not going to put some originality into your flash, at least make sure what you do is done right.

Hiccup - Pencil test Hiccup - Pencil test

What's the point?
-------------------------------------
To be honest, I'm not sure why you're uploading this. The entire animation sequence lasts literally less than two seconds. I cannot think of a reason to upload it unless you plan to expand on it later. In that case, why not just wait until then to put it on?

I will say that in order for anyone to be an above-average animator, you must posses some kind of drawing skill. I see that here. It is well shaded, stylized, simple yet not bad looking. The fact that this was done on paper also earns my respect. The animation and drawing are pretty solid.

That said, I do not see any reason to upload a 1.5 second hiccup animation. I will pass it simply because of the potential I see here. If it gets blamed, it is not a critique of the actual animation as much as it is the lack of more.

Leaks Leaks

Fresh, unique take on a classic game.

I feel like this would be an excellent game for Androids, iPhones, etc. The gameplay was addictive and the music complemented it nicely with graphics that did not over complicate the simple feel. Some may criticize the fact that the balls do not bounce on the screen and instead teleport to the other side. This is a matter of opinion, but I find that this adds a level of innovation and I did not have a problem with it at all.

Leaks is a simple game executed very well. Not a whole lot new is brought to the table, but it was a solid enough game to waste some time with.

Alien Hominid Alien Hominid

Good game, but the controls are annoyingly hard.

The controls are a real bitch. A to shoot, S to jump, and the arrow keys to move left & right... wtf?

The controls should be configurable, or more simple. Jump should be the up arrow key, Shoot was fine. It was annoyingly difficult to avoid the highly accurate enemies, but it's somewhat easier to crawl. Regardless, I would imagine the rest of the game was fun; but for me, it was hindered by the difficulty.

Bible-Belt man! Bible-Belt man!

As a Christian

I found the game mildly entertaining, one irritating aspect of it is that it brings nothing new...It consisted of 3 mini-games, but all of those are the generic noob-style games NG is filled with.
Beat a guy up with a cross, kill blow people up on a highway, and have a showdown with Jesus... All with the same play styles we have seen over and over again.

The animation itself was piss-poor, and there were glitches in the highway level. As well, the artwork was generic and bland. I'm blaming this, but the only reason it I'm giving it a 3 is even though it was very crappy, is because of the amount of work that probably went into it. I realize making a game; even a shitty one, requires a lot of time and patience.
0/5